We love this quick easy chocolate snack cake - and I loved the chance to make it in these pretty heart design cupcake liners with this beautiful set I received to test and review. I have used the baking tray a couple times now and really like how sturdy it is compared to my other silicone tray - it's not nearly as bendy. It washes well in the dishwasher.
This pretty set includes a very nice sturdy silicone baking pan along with a pastry brush, spatula, and the cupcake liners. This is a terrific gift idea for your favorite baker!
Double Chocolate Snack Cake
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vinegar
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour square pan, 8 x 8 x 2 inches.
- In small mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Add water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla; beat with mixer until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into squares.
*Full Disclosure: I received complimentary product from Smooth Viking for the purpose of review. I received no compensation for this post. All comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own.