#BloggerCLUE ~ Sophie's Chopped Salad


Welcome to the January reveal day for the lovely C.L.U.E. Bloggers! Our theme this month is healthy eating - which means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. To me it's about balance and incorporating fresh foods onto my plate at each meal. With that thought in mind I headed over to Liv Life, Kim's lovely blog full of tasty recipes, alongside beautiful pictures of food, family, and travels. Stop by soon and find a dish you will fall in love with! I had so many amazing options to pick from - I narrowed my list down to Grilled Tomato Pasta Salad, Grilled Corn Salad with Avocado, Tomato and Lime, Chicken Salad with Mango Chutney and Quinoa, Greek Salad Sandwiches, Sophie's Chopped Salad, California Corn Salad, Chinese Chicken Salad, Orzo with Roasted Vegetables, or a Caprese Salad!




I love this salad combination - lots of fantastic hearty ingredients that blend well together to leave you feeling full and satisfied. There are tons of great nutrients packed into this dish.


I've included two recipes below for dressing - the original recipe on Kim's site was for the balsamic vinaigrette but we thought with the black beans and pepper jack cheese that a zesty ranch might balance with the flavors better. You decide which version you might like to try!


Sophie's Chopped Salad adapted from Liv Life

Ingredients
1 heart of romaine lettuce, chopped and washed
1/2 cup canned chick peas, rinsed
1/2 cup black beans, rinsed
1/2 cucumber, chopped
1 large tomato, diced
3/4 cup canned corn, drained
1 avocado, diced

Toppings:
1/4 cup diced jalapeno jack cheese
1/4 cup diced cheddar cheese
Crushed tortilla chips sprinkled on top

Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
2 Tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
salt and freshly ground pepper

Zesty Ranch Dressing:
2 TBS prepared Ranch dressing
2 TBS sour cream 
1 TBS lime juice
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste

Directions
  1. Distribute salad greens between 3 - 4 plates. Combine remaining salad ingredients in a medium bowl, toss gently to combine. Distribute evenly over greens and sprinkle with desired amount of cheese and crushed chips.
  2. Choose which dressing you would like to serve this with and prepare by whisking ingredients together until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
  3. Drizzle prepared salad with dressing and enjoy.
  4. If desired, serve sliced grilled chicken on the side, or lay slices on top of salad before serving.



Comments

  1. Oh, boy, I wish this was MY dinner tonight! What a yummy salad---I'd drizzle with both dressings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up mixing dressing for my leftovers today - I can't wait to enjoy it again! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm with Liz! I'd like them both, perhaps a half and half situation. Excellent choice, Rebekah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I'm with Stacy and Liz. I'll take both dressings on that amazing salad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! This is a wonderful salad...packed with everything we love! Great recipe choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the Southwest flavors in this salad...a perfect main course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Rebekkah, I'm so glad you posted this one. I'd sort of forgotten about it over the years. My daughter loves this one and I'm so glad you did too. The ranch is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delicious and Kim has such great and healthy recipes! Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - what a fantastic salad! Perfect for this month's theme. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So it's no secret that I'm not a huge salad person but even skeptical me will confess that this looks super good! That chicken looks perfect and dunked in the ranch? Well heck, we have a chicken strips in ranch situation. Oh wait, healthy eating theme. Right.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the option for a zesty ranch, I'd probably pair that one with this wonderful salad, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, can't wait to try the dressing recipes (especially the zesty ranch)! The salad looks fantabulous also!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts