Blueberry Turnovers




This was a quick and easy breakfast treat we enjoyed over the weekend. I posted the recipe as written on AllRecipes below, but as you can probably tell from my pictures I used 2 crescents per turnover instead of 1; I laid the bottom one on the baking sheet, added the blueberries and some powdered sugar, then laid another crescent over the top and pressed the edges together as best I could. There wasn't much seepage from the blueberries, and I was able to fill them with more blueberries this way.

We dusted ours with some powdered sugar and these disappeared in no time (my son ate 2 1/2 out of the 4 the package made)!

Don't expect these to taste at all like a normal turnover - the filling came out wonderfully, but I wasn't really sure what I thought about the soft texture of the crescent rolls surrounding it. It was definitely easy, and tasty too but I prefer the flakiness of a traditional turnover to the soft roll-like texture from the crescent dough. Still a fun weekend breakfast treat to make, and my kiddo sure ate them up (all while he was telling me how he doesn't really like blueberries - ha!!)

Blueberry Turnovers from Charita on AllRecipes

Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup prepared vanilla frosting (optional)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Roll out crescent dough triangles onto a baking sheet.
  2. Place 1 tablespoon blueberries on the widest end of each triangle. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar over blueberries on each roll. Beginning with the wide end, roll up each crescent around blueberries; pinch both sides to seal completely.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 12 minutes. Remove to cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes; dust with the remaining confectioners' sugar. Drizzle with the vanilla frosting.
Lindsey enjoying play time with the close supervision of our sweet Sadie Mae.

Comments

  1. What an absolutely beautiful recipe, I am going to make this for our dieting group meeting tonight. I was searching for a blueberry recipe and this is the best one I have found. Thank you

    http://75poundsdiet.blogspot.com/2014/04/how-blueberries-in-science-based-diet.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please post another one of these recipes with strawberries, thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts