Dairy Free Tasty Breakfast Sandwich




Now that my little peanut (who is now 2 months old!) has been diagnosed with a milk protein allergy, it has been a little bit of a challenge as I re-learn how to eat without butter, cream cheese, milk, sour cream, etc. in my diet. This has meant largely no processed foods (but Oreos are dairy free - woo hoo!!) and getting quite a few "substitute" ingredients that I can safely enjoy. We switched over to almond milk and coconut milk, have vegan margarine in the refrigerator, some Tofuttie "cream cheese" and "sour cream" and some Daiya "cheese" shreds. Between these items I've been able to eat mostly like I normally do. I haven't found a substitute for ranch dressing yet, but have been eating more hummus with my veggies (and I love it as a spread on sandwiches) and peanut butter as a celery dip.

This is a quick and easy Dairy Free breakfast sandwich I recently enjoyed, and will be using again soon!

Dairy Free Tasty Breakfast Sandwich

Ingredients
2 slices dairy free bread (I used Food for Life 7 Sprouted Grains)
1 egg
1 TBS Tofutti "better than" cream cheese
2 slices ham lunchmeat

Directions
  1. Toast bread; meanwhile cook egg over medium heat in a non-stick skillet to preferred "doneness". 
  2. When bread has toasted, smear the "better than" cream cheese on both sides. Place cooked egg on one slice.
  3. Fry the ham up until warmed and lightly browned in the same frying pan you cooked the egg in and add to the sandwich. Top with 2nd slice of bread and enjoy! 



Comments

Popular Posts