Close to Home...

On SMO we have cycling groups, whatever month you have your transfer in becomes your cycling group and those who are active posters stay with their group and share pregnancy updates from the very beginning through delivery. It's one of my favorite parts of SMO - you get to really know a few others who are going through the same thing at the same time as you and it's a great support!

This morning I logged into SMO to read an update from one of the other twin carrier's in my group - she delivered last night at 29w5d. She went from a post saying she was having a lot of Braxton Hicks that escalated and included back pain at 11:40pm to saying the babies had arrived at just after 1:00am in the morning weighing in at 3 lbs 3 oz and 2 lbs 14 oz. It sounds like she is doing ok and babies are doing as well as can be for their gestational age, but MAN that hit reallllly close to home... I am sending up lots of prayers for her, those two baby girls and for her IPs. I cannot even imagine what her IPs are experiencing right now and how worried they must be! I hope the girls grow big and strong and can be on their way home soon, and I hope my friend from SMO heals soon and is also able to return home to her little ones. At the same time I find myself praying "Please God, don't let us deliver that soon, please let this bedrest do the trick, please keep these girls safe in my womb for many more weeks..." Bridget was only a week and 3 days ahead of us in her pregnancy. I want to get past 32 weeks SOOO bad and this is another reminder of just how unpredictable things can be with a multiples pregnancy and how fast things can change!

I am laying here, warm under my blanket, feeling the girls kicking and moving around and anxious for what the coming weeks will bring.

Time for a quick shower, some good high protein breakfast for the girls and finding another TV show series to watch on Netflix since I finished "Lie to Me" yesterday and got all caught up on "Biggest Loser" on Hulu. :)

Comments

  1. i'm enjoying your posts and hope for a safe delivery for all involved

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing everything you can do for them at this point Rebekah! You are doing an amazing job! Praying for you always!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am saying many prayers for you. I love reading your posts and seeing your updates! Keeping you and those baby girls in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts