Meal Plan Week of May 9th

Yes, there appears to be a PW theme to my meal planning this week! Through trial and error with new recipes at home I've come to the general conclusion that 95% of the time a Pioneer Woman recipe will go over well with hubby! And if new recipe goes over well, I can proceed on my merry way to continue photographing what I cook and recipe researching and playing around in the kitchen to my hearts content. When a recipe goes wrong, I get frowny faces and complaints about experimentation and why can't we just eat what we know, etc. Party pooper. So, I thought this would be a relatively safe way to get to try out some new things and maybe keep us both happy! We shall see how my theory pans out come the end of the week.

The Spanish Pork recipe I've made many times in the past and it always goes over well - and can be made stove top or in the crockpot. I really like the flavor of the sauce, and like to thicken it up and use it as a light gravy for the meat and rice.

Monday
Dinner: Pioneer Woman's Shrimp Scampi, steamed green beans

Tuesday
Dinner: Pioneer Woman's Chicken Parmigiana with Broccoli

Wednesday
Dinner: Pioneer Woman's My Favorite Meatloaf and Corn Casserole

Thursday
Dinner: Guy Fieri's "No Can Beato This Taquito" with Fiesta Rice 

Friday
Dinner: Leftovers


Saturday
Breakfast: Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pancakes
Lunch: Leftovers/lunch out (going wedding dress shopping with my SIL and family)!
Dinner: Leftovers (I just have a feeling we may still be on fridge purge mode!)

Sunday
Breakfast: Biscuits and Sausage Pattys
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Spanish Pork with White Wine and Spanish Green Beans
 
Dessert: Outrageous Triple Chocolate Brownies

Comments

  1. I just realized that I'm not actually following you on blogger yet! Shame on me I keep missing good posts!

    I love PW! She's so creative and good for her for making it so big! Her tweets are hilarious on twitter! Good meal plan. I haven't really tried many of her dishes... I think I tried the tortilla soup before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm.... tortilla soup is GOOD STUFF! :D I thought I changed this post to not actually post until next week since I wasn't home this whole week to cook BOOO!! I missed my kitchen!! This will just have to carry over to next week - can't wait to be home again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts