Chicken Thighs in Raspberry Sauce for #BakingBloggers



Welcome to our first #BakingBloggers of 2021! Sue of Palatable Pastime and Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm have brought together some of their blogger friends to create #BakingBloggers - every month we have a general theme (such as pies, muffins, cakes, etc.) and we get to share any recipe we'd like. 

This month we are using jams and preserves in baking. My mind automatically went to cookies and bars, but I decided to branch out and try a main dish instead. I had made some homemade raspberry freezer jam awhile back, and it came out fairly loose though absolutely delicious - and I thought it might work well in a baking project like this one. 


This chicken recipe has a short ingredient list and packs some fantastic flavor into each tender bite. The chicken bakes up in a jammy sauce punched up with the taste of soy and balsamic and yields a really unique and tasty chicken dish. It's perfect served alongside some rice to spoon that sauce over. 

I can't wait to see what other unique and new to me ways I can use up some more of this jam - this one was definitely a keeper and I am sure you could try this with other flavor profiles as well. Maybe strawberry or even blackberry. What other fruit flavors do you like alongside chicken?

Baking Bloggers January 2021

Using Jams & Preserves in Baking


Chicken Thighs in Raspberry Sauce 

Ingredients
3 lbs chicken thighs 
salt and pepper
1-2 TBS olive oil
1 cup raspberry jam 
2 TBS balsamic vinegar
1 TBS soy sauce
1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken thighs in a 9x13 baking dish, season generously with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Bake 45 minutes in the pre-heated oven.
  2. Prepare the sauce by whisking together the raspberry jam, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes.
  3. Drain off excess fat / liquid from the baking pan. Pour prepared sauce over the chicken and bake another 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately with additional sauce from the pan drizzled over the chicken and / or rice.

Recipe from PanNan on Food

Ok and look at my (not so little) baby and her friend! 
They had a blast with some hair chalk and dress up.




Comments

  1. Perfect recipe with that brown rice. Healthy, hearty and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an easy and flavorful way to make chicken! Going to have to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made some strawberry jam that didn't quite set that would also be perfect for your recipe, Rebekah. Can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicken thighs are my favorite, and the jammy sauce with the Asian flavors sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love raspberries. I bet that chicken would be great on top of some salad greens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so good! I've made a similar recipe with cranberry, but raspberry would be just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Raspberry sauce all over chicken, looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chicken and raspberries, I'm there. Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious! The raspberry jam looks great on top and perfectly paired with brown rice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts