Melted Ice Cream Bread


I know this seems like something no one would have extra of... ice cream?! It seems preposterous, however occasionally at my house it happens. We buy ice cream thinking that flavor sounds good, or we're going to use it alongside pie or cake and then it sits in the freezer and gets freezer burnt, which is an absolute travesty! 


So, when it happened not too long ago that I had a carton of homemade ice cream that hadn't been eaten I tried to figure out what else I could do with it. I did a little searching and when a bread recipe popped up I was very intrigued. So, naturally I had to give it a try.

This bread was really tasty! It had crackly edges, and was a very tender little loaf. I used my mini loaf pan for these tasty treats. They were very reminiscent of pound cake in texture, and would have been fantastic as a strawberry shortcake base!



Melted Ice Cream Bread

Ingredients
3 ½ cups melted ice cream
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a mini loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, or mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and blend just until evenly combined. Batter will be thick.
  3. Distribute batter into the prepared loaf pan.
  4. Bake 25-35 minutes, depending on the size of your loaf pan, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and edges are golden brown.
  5. Allow to cool about 10 minutes in the pan before turning out to complete cooling on a rack.
Recipe from Pink Cake Plate

Comments

Popular Posts