Weekly Meal Plan ~ Week of 4/20/2020


Another week is upon us! I've actually made it through most of the dishes I had planned for last week, so onto new things for this coming week!

I think I have most everything I need for the recipes on the menu this coming week - there's always room for substitutions when needed though!

We've been talking about trying some homemade pretzel buns to enjoy with some brats, so that may get bumped up the list to be tried out sooner rather than later too. We'll see! I used to make pretzels all the time when we lived in Senegal. I remember the handwritten recipe I'd follow... but it has sure been a very long time since I gave them a try - I am looking forward to seeing what we can come up with!

The last grocery pick up we couldn't get any buns, no tomatoes, no rice, and no cabbage - and no strawberry jam. The time before that it was no bagels of any kind, and no flour or yeast. You just never know what will be in stock, and what will be out right now! Thankfully we stay pretty well stocked at home with a full pantry and deep freezer, so missing out on a few fresh items here and there just changes what we might be eating that week. I will try again next week. Tomatoes is something we eat almost every day though - so I'm sure hoping I can get them with the next grocery order. I am mostly grateful that they have pretty much always had the dairy items we've requested (milk, butter, and cheese are definitely staples in this house), and "most" of the other odds and ends I've tried to purchase. Typically produce, maybe a protein or two, replacing canned items, and dry goods as we use them, and always more eggs. Though I've found a local farmer I've bought eggs from recently as well. I've also used Amazon for delivery one time when I couldn't get a pick up time for Kroger... grocery shopping has become a whole new world. We try to order no more than once every 1-2 weeks and have mostly stayed out of the actual stores, relying on delivery or pick up services so far. It's already been a month... it's amazing how fast the time has passed.

Monday 4/20/20
BLT Pasta Salad

Tuesday 4/21/20
Chicken Pad Thai

Wednesday 4/22/20
Rubio's Fish Tacos

Thursday 4/23/20
Meatloaf Bundt Cake
Crispy Oven Roasted Spanish Potatoes

Friday 4/24/20
Dill Pickle Grilled Cheese

Baking this week:
Sweet Rye Bread
No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars

Comments

Popular Posts