Soft Gingersnap Cookies


Here is a another tasty cookie recipe I'm excited to share with you today! I helped put together some gift packages with lots of delicious homemade goodies in them, and it gave me an excuse to try out all sorts of new things in the kitchen! This was one of those recipes. I had made cut out Gingerbread cookies recently, and knew I wanted something in that flavor profile, but with my aversion to making the same recipe twice, I looked for a gingersnap recipe to try out instead! I found this one and am so glad we gave it a try.


I baked these cookies at two different times - and you can tell in the pictures which is which! The bigger fluffier looking cookies had a 10 minute cook time, while the ones that didn't puff as much and have dark spots were at 8 minutes! They were both cooked through, but the 8 minute cookies had a chewier / moister middle than the ones cooked a little longer. You can also flatten them out a little and they are more likely to cook evenly.

I will probably try out one or two more treat recipes out this holiday baking season, but I think I've been able to appease the need to bake for the most part with all of these new cookies and a fudge and candy recipe too! I do have my eye on a chocolate peanut butter fudge recipe I still want to try out... and then share, quickly! :)


Soft Gingersnap Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod

Ingredients
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 cup granulated sugar, to roll the cookie dough in

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with a silpat.
  2. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a medium sized bowl. Whisk and set aside.
  3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend the butter with the brown sugar until creamy and evenly mixed. Scrape down sides as needed. Blend in the egg, then add in the vanilla and molasses. Blend until well combined and creamy.
  4. Slowly, and on low speed, add in the prepared dry ingredients into the wet, just until batter is combined.
  5. Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls, and roll generously in the sugar. Place 12 cookies on a baking sheet. Bake 1 sheet at a time for 8-10 minutes. If you like your cookies flat, you can flatten the balls out into more of a disc shape, I did not flatten mine and they stayed fairly puffy. 



Comments

Popular Posts