#FoodieExtravaganza ~ Avocado Egg Salad
Foodie Extravaganza is where we celebrate obscure food holidays or cook and bake together with the same ingredient or theme each month. This month Camilla of Culinary Adventures with Camilla is hosting. She encouraged us: "Let's celebrate all things salad. Green salads, pasta salads, potato salads...whatever you want!"
Posting day for #FoodieExtravaganza is always the first Wednesday of each month. If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you're a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Looking for our previous parties? Check them out HERE.
I have had avocado egg salad on my "to make someday" list for quite awhile - and when I saw Cam selected salad as our theme this month I didn't even think twice. Easter had just come and gone, I had hard boiled eggs in my fridge, and this recipe was calling my name. This is such a quick, easy salad that comes together in no time flat. If you enjoy avocados and enjoy egg salad, this recipe is a match made in heaven. Creamy and smooth, an egg salad guacamole if you will! Works wonderfully atop your favorite crackers, or used as a traditional egg salad sandwich filling. Easy to tweak the seasonings to your preference. This disappeared very quickly and I am so happy I finally gave this delicious combo a try!
The Salad Smörgåsbord
- Avocado Egg Salad by Making Miracles
- Cilantro Lime Cucumber Salad by Cookaholic Wife
- Crunchy Salad by Sneha's Recipe
- Lahpet Thoke by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mexican Street Corn Salad by Caroline's Cooking
- Taco Salad Boats by Palatable Pastime
- Tortellini Cesar Salad by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Tropical Fruit Salad A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Warm Steak and Sweet Potato Salad by Our Good Life
Avocado Egg Salad from AllRecipes
1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and mashed
3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon chopped onion (optional)
1 tablespoon chopped celery
salt to taste
- Mix avocado and eggs together in a bowl. Add relish, onion (optional), celery, and salt; mix well.