Peanut Sesame Chicken Wings
Easy, delicious, and very little mess (thanks to the nonstick foil). What more can you ask for in a recipe! I managed to whip these up on a weeknight, and they cook quickly so it was very doable for a busy work night dinner. I was testing out a couple different Reynolds recipes from AllRecipes, so we served these Asian flavored chicken wings alongside some Italian flavored blistered tomatoes. Both recipes were definitely keepers - but the flavor combinations we end up with in this house some nights when I'm recipe testing are... interesting?? Thankfully I have very cooperative "test subjects" who go along with it. :)
I didn't cut my wings into two separate pieces as recommended in the recipe, and they took a little extra time to cook (about 15 minutes total) - so I would probably make sure to cut them all down next time. Also, because these are cooking on foil, in the sauce they don't get all that crisped (though they brown nicely). If you want crispier skin, you can add a small rack below them on the pan so they're not cooking in the sauce / juices.
I loved the flavor of the sauce these cooked in - it was fairly mild, so you could definitely up the "add-ins" depending on which direction you want to take the sauce. I liked the mildness though, I thought it complemented the chicken without being overpowering.
Peanut Sesame Chicken Wings adapted from Reynolds on AllRecipes
Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Foil
12 chicken wings
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon Gourmet Garden lightly dried ginger
1 small clove garlic
1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden lightly dried cilantro
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
2 TBS chopped honey roasted peanuts
1/2 TBS parsley, for serving (if desired)
- Preheat broiler to lo. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with nonstick foil. Set pan aside.
- Cut off and discard tips of chicken wings. Cut wings at joints to form 24 pieces (I skipped this step, but would probably do it next time). Set pieces atop the prepped baking sheet.
- Combine the peanut butter, water, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and cilantro in a blender. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Remove 1/3 cup of the sauce and set aside. Pour remaining sauce over the chicken wings and coat all pieces with sauce.
- Broil wings 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 10 minutes. Turn wings. Broil an additional 10 minutes more or until tender and brown. Drain off fat. Check for doneness, if additional time is needed return to oven and cook in 5 minute increments until cooked through.
- Sprinkle wings with sesame seeds and chopped peanuts and broil for 4 - 5 more minutes.
- Place wings on a platter and serve with the reserved peanut sauce.