Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
Good morning and happy Sunday! I have so many recipes I've made and photographed and not managed to get onto the blog over the past few months and when I made this recipe last night I was determined not to let this be another casualty! So, it was whipped up last night, baked, set to cool in the refrigerator and this morning. First thing. I cut it, and photographed it. And here we are! That has to be about the quickest turnaround for me on picking, making, and sharing something... it doesn't usually work out quite like that around here.
This one is just too good not to share, now, though. Amazing creamy and smooth layers of peanut butter layered over perfectly rich, fudgy, chocolatey brownie... this is an amazing dessert and it's beautiful and certainly company worthy! The best part is it's really not that difficult either. A little bit time consuming, and you get 2 bowls and one pan dirty (ok and a bunch of measuring cups and spoons) and then voila! You have a sinfully rich, and decadent treat that is sure to impress.
It's looking to be another beautiful morning here and Georgia and I think I'm going to run my daughter over to Stone Mountain for a little while before it gets to warm to enjoy the day. Have to cram a little sunshine and fresh air in over the weekend while I can! Enjoy your day!
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies from Crazy for Crust
3/4 cup unsalted butter
11-oz bittersweet/dark and / or semi-sweet Ghiradelli chocolate baking chocolate
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
5 large eggs, divided
2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prep a 9x9” square pan with a generous coating of nonstick cooking spray.
- Make the brownie batter: place butter and chocolate in a a medium nonstick pot, stirring with a spatula over low heat until chocolate and butter is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Stir in 3 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, then mix in 3/4 cup flour, cocoa powder, and salt and combine until smooth. Set aside.
- Make the cheesecake batter: beat cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer (scrape down sides at least a few times) until smooth and creamy. Add in the peanut butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and sour cream. Blend again until smooth. Add in 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon flour, and remaining 2 eggs. Beat until smooth without lumps, scraping down sides and bottom of the bowl at least a few times to make sure everything is well incorporated.
- Spread half the brownie batter in the prepared pan using a spatula. Next, place half the cheesecake mixture over the top and spread carefully. Top with remaining brownie batter and then the remaining cheesecake to create 4 total layers.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until the edges are golden and the center is set. Cool completely at room temperature.
- Chill to set, at least 2 hours or overnight. Cut into small bars and serve. These are very rich treats, so cut into small 3 - 4 bite pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.