Cranberry Orange Vodka (Improv Cooking Challenge)


The December 2015 Improv Cooking Challenge is Orange and Cranberries - so I did what I do best and plugged said combination into Pinterest and the first thing I saw was a recipe for Cranberry Orange vodka... hmmmm!! I have been needing to get some homemade gifts together, and I thought this one might be perfectly timed and make a special homemade gift for a few friends this season.



I doubled the recipe below and used a large 1/2 gallon mason jar I had on hand (back from when I used to get farm fresh milk every week... mmmm). I will divide this up into smaller 1 cup portion sized jars with some pretty ribbon and labels and voila! Gorgeous, festive homemade gift to hand out.


Use this recipe in this Cranberry Cosmo Recipe!


Cranberry Orange Vodka from Martha Stewart

Ingredients
1 cup fresh cranberries
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons water
1 piece fresh orange peel (2-by-1-inch)
3 cups vodka

Directions

  1. In a small saucepan, heat cranberries, sugar, and water until the sugar dissolves, the liquid begins to turn a light-pink color, and the cranberries just begin to pop. 
  2. Pour the cranberries with all of the liquid into a large glass jar; stir in peel and vodka. Cover, and let stand at room temperature at least 3 days or up to one month. Strain before serving.






Comments

  1. The color is really nice! And must taste good also :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's great for an addition to a festive holiday cocktail.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts