#handcraftededibles ~ Apple Pie Spice Mix
In an effort to make all of her holiday gifts this year, Camilla at Culinary Adventures with Camilla invited some of her favorite foodie bloggers to share recipes for hand-crafted edibles. Over the course of the next twelve weeks, we'll be sharing recipes from libations (last week's theme) to cookie platters. Hope you'll follow along for inspiration.
Apple pie spice mix is great for so many uses - liven up pancakes and waffle mixes, add to cinnamon rolls, use in all your favorite apple dishes like pies, donuts, turnovers, fried apples, baked apples, crisps, applesauce, apple butter, muffins and more!
Package these up in pretty little mason jars with homemade labels and a ribbon (along with a few other homemade spice mixes packaged the same way), place in a little basket and you would have an adorable homemade gift idea to hand out this year!
Thanks to these gals and their sensational spice blends!
- Amy's Cooking Adventures posts her Buffalo Spice Rub
- Sarah of Fantastical Sharing of Recipes blends up her Gingerbread Spice Mix
- Rebekah from Making Miracles shares an Apple Pie Spice Mix
- Culinary Adventures with Camilla offers you a Masala Chai Tea Spice Blend
- Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm writes about the Best Rib Rub Recipe
- Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook inspires some tasty tacos with her homemade Taco Seasoning
- Terri at Christmas Tree Lane heads to the Mediterranean with her Italian Spice Blend.
Apple Pie Spice Blend from Country Cleaver
¼ cup ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground all spice
1 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground cardamom
- Combine ingredients in a small mason jar, or other resealable container. Shake well to combine (you can increase / decrease spices to your personal tastes if desired).
- Use in your favorite apple dishes - from turnovers, to pie, to applesauce, fried apples, etc.
- Gift suggestion: bottle in a nice glass bottle with a printed or chalk label and a ribbon wrapped around the lid.