#BloggerCLUE ~ Curried Chicken Salad with Cucumbers
After browsing through the numerous beautiful recipes to choose from, I narrowed my shortlist to the following: Curried Chicken Salad with Cucumbers, Napa Turkey Salad, Broccoli Grape and Whole Wheat Pasta Salad, and Summer Orzo Salad! You cannot go wrong with any of these. My sister and I were very intrigued by the Broccoli Grape Pasta salad, but ultimately the curry chicken won me over.
This chicken salad is delicious and lends itself to blend very well with a hearty bed of greens, or stuffed into pita pockets with loads of fresh veggies. I loved the addition of grapes to this dish for a pop of sweetness and contrasting flavors. This made an absolutely delicious and refreshing lunch!
- Asian Watermelon Salad by Lora from Cake Duchess
- Beat the Heat Negronis by Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Blueberry Icebox Pie by Kate from Kate's Kitchen
- Curried Chicken Salad with Cucumbers by Rebekah from Making Miracles
- Frozen Cherry Lemonade by Anna from annaDishes
- Homemade Gingerale by Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Icy Rum Punch from the Islands by Debra from Eliot's Eats
- Mango Jicama Salsa by Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- No Bake Berry Cheesecake by Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- Oreo Cookies n Cream Ice Cream by Heather from girlichef
- Peach Ice Cream by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pecan Brittle by Kelli from Kelli's Kitchen
- Prosciutto Parmesan Arugula Sandwich by Lea Ann from Cooking on the Ranch
- Southwest Skillet Dip from Alice from A Mama, Baby and Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Roasted Tomato Soup by Sue from A Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Rhubarb Sorbet by Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Summertime Fresh Corn Salad by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Tipsy Palmers by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Curried Chicken Salad with Cucumbers adapted slightly from Eliot's Eats
For the chicken
2 - 3 large whole chicken breasts, bone-in, skin-on (appx. 2.5 lbs)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp curry powder
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup dry white wine
3 TBS curry powder
1/2 tsp salt (more to taste)
1 cup diced cucumbers
Optional: 1 cup grapes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chicken breasts on a foil-lined sheet pan and rub the breasts with olive oil. Sprinkle both sides liberally with salt, pepper and a tsp of curry powder. Roast for 35 to 60 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked (cook time will vary depending on the thickness of the breasts). Set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin, and dice or shred the chicken (to your liking).
- For the dressing whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, wine, curry powder, and 1/2 tsp salt until smooth.
- Combine the chicken with enough dressing to moisten well. Add the cucumbers and mix well. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve atop a bed of greens sprinkled with grape halves.