Farewell 2012

I can't believe it's the last day of 2012. Two hours from now it will be a new year. Another 12 months of experiences, chances, opportunities, memories, laughter, frustration, love, dog slobber, new recipes, hugs, kisses, school, and so much more.

I am so grateful for the past year. It was full of so many new things for me, so many good experiences, moments, and memories I will treasure. Lots of moments of growth, and opportunities to give of my time, my heart, my home, and to feel so blessed in return. One year ago I was on day 2 of hospital bed rest with twin girls at just 28 weeks of pregnancy. Kenneth was in transit to Afghanistan and I was terrified and anxious about what the coming months would hold for me and the babies I was carrying. I worried for their parents, I worried for my home and my son who I couldn't be there for. Thankfully I was able to return home and carried them for another month and a half before delivery but that entire pregnancy was very eventful compared to my previous ones and a new learning experience for me. I learned to ask for help, to rely on the kindness of strangers, and to be so very blessed by all the help that was offered and given during that time. Kenneth was gone most of the year, he returned home this past October and we are so thankful we had the chance to share the Holidays with him this year! He has a brand new job opportunity which will keep him home starting in another week and I am hoping it goes well and he will enjoy it. He hasn't had a "regular" at home job in YEARS so this is a big change for all of us.

Kent is now 14 years old, and growing like a weed. He's grown at least 3 inches this past year, and continues to mature and develop into a young man day by day. It is such a challenge and an honor to be his mother. I love him so much, and love watching him grow, and struggle with his struggles and yearn to be able to wave a magic wand and make these years easier for him. I know it's something each of us has to go through and deal with, learning to mature and develop and grow. I just never realized how much my heart would be invested in each up and down that he goes through, wanting nothing but his happiness and to see him learn to love himself even a little as much as I love him.

We have been blessed to work with Rotts N Pups Rescue for another year and have had the pleasure of fostering numerous puppies and dogs over this past year. It has been a fabulous experience. Kenneth and Kent get burned out on it every now and then, but I would have the house full to overflowing with foster dogs if it were up to just me! I love them all so much and love being a part of helping them find their very own forever homes. I love having puppies around to snuggle with and play with and then send them off to their homes, keeping my fingers crossed for an occasional update or picture. We're currently fostering Miss Maddy who is a WONDERFUL rottie! I adore her and know she'll find a wonderful home in no time. Anyone would be SO lucky to have this beautiful girl!!

I quit my job of 8 years in May and started to college for the first time in June, another huge "first" for me! I have wanted to pursue my college education for so long and am SO ecstatic I am finally getting that opportunity. I am done with 2 semesters so far and am looking forward to starting number 3 in a little over a week! I can't wait to get through all the pre-requisites and be able to apply to the nursing program and start making progress on the core classes. I am so thankful for each day I am there. I get stressed out over assignments, and due dates, and tests, but I love all of it!

We have also been volunteering once a week at McKenna Horse Therapy Farm near our home, another great organization I'm so thankful we have had the chance to work with. I discovered them through a class requirement about 6 months ago and have completely fallen in love with the horses and what they do at McKenna. We get to spend a couple hours a week there helping feed the horses and bring them in on Friday evenings and I love it. It's really fun to do it all together as a family and I love coming home smelling like horses! :)

It has been a really good year, I am thankful for my family and friends and will hold the memories I've made this year close to my heart. I know 2013 is going to be another amazing year, and can't wait to see all that it will hold!

Comments

  1. Great post!! Your life has been so FULL this past year! I LOVE that I got to meet you last year and spend some time with you this year! You were definitely a blessing to me in 2012 my friend, Love you tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too Tonya!! <3 Thank you for the sweet comment! Nothing but good wishes and thoughts for you and your family this coming year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts