Anniversary Chicken

This is one of the very first recipes I ever discovered on allrecipes.com I think almost 10 years ago now! I thought the combination of flavors sounded very strange, but I really liked the way this came out and have used it every now and again over the years. We had it again this past week and enjoyed it. I used the leftover chicken in place of ham for the Ham and Potato soup I posted the other day and it was perfect in that recipe!

I always omit the green onion and parsley and prefer to use whole strips of bacon wrapped around the chicken instead of bacon bits. I've made it both ways and the bacon wrapped chicken has better flavor and stays moist as well. I skip the browning step, use a basting brush to add the teriyaki and the ranch dressing then bacon wrap the chicken and secure with toothpicks. I bake as directed, but pull the chicken out and add the shredded cheddar just during the last 10 minutes. You can briefly put it under broil if you want to brown the cheese. I also like cutting half breasts in half again - they are the perfect size then for 1 slice of bacon to be wrapped around them! :)

I served this with a big batch of steamed cauliflower and broccoli and we had full and happy bellies!

The original recipe is linked here and listed below.

Anniversary Chicken I By: VICKI117 on allrecipes.com

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1/2 cup teriyaki basting sauce
  • 1/2 cup Ranch-style salad dressing
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • 1/2 (3 ounce) can bacon bits
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts, and saute 4 to 5 minutes each side, until lightly browned.
  3. Place browned chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Brush with teriyaki sauce, then spoon on salad dressing. Sprinkle with cheese, green onions and bacon bits.
  4. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Garnish with parsley and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts