Dominican Style Oatmeal


This is something I discovered years ago and it has become my favorite way to make oatmeal! It is creamy and lightly sweet and you can simmer it to whatever thickness you prefer. It's quick and easy and a great way to start your morning.

I love the hints of cinnamon and nutmeg.



The original recipe says this serves 2, but for me this makes one big bowl! I often use brown sugar instead of white - I just like the way brown sugar tastes with oatmeal a little better.

Another great option is to stir in a big spoonful of your favorite yogurt, or sprinkle some fresh blueberries, strawberries, or sliced bananas on top! I love how versatile oatmeal is.



Dominican Style Oatmeal from Pepita on AllRecipes.com

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 pinch salt

Directions
  1. Combine milk, oats, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly for 2 minutes, or until it reaches your preferred thickness.
Note - if you are using "old fashioned" oats, plan to simmer for about 10-12 minutes instead of 2!

** Want to share this recipe to your favorite social media site? Use the share button at the top or bottom of this post to share to Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter! **

Post updated with new pictures and text 5/28/2020

Comments

  1. Mmmm I have been craving oatmeal all day...guess what I am having for snack tonight??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought some oatmeal and it looks like this is how i'll be making it for breakfast tomorrow (or maybe for dinner tonight, it sounds so good).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really sounds like a great way to start the day. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that.You've created a wonderful spot to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I hope the babies are well. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Oatmeal looked really creamy and sweet. You explained its preparation steps beautifully. This is great way to start the day. You created a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the addition of the spices and it being creamy. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a fan of oatmeal but once you add spices, it's a whole new dish to me! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  7. All right, now I know what I am having for breakfast tomorrow! Thanks for a new way to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love oatmeal and this preparation looks so creamy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds delicious! I love the addition of the cinnamon and the nutmeg in this oatmeal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd definitely keep the whole thing to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very amazing article, Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts