Dominican Style Oatmeal

This is something I discovered years ago and it is my favorite way to make oatmeal! It is creamy and lightly sweet and you can simmer it to whatever thickness you prefer! It's quick and easy and a great way to start your morning.




Dominican Style Oatmeal By: Pepita on AllRecipes.com

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 pinch ground nutmeg
  • 1 pinch salt
Directions
  1. Combine milk, oats, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
The original recipe says this serves 2, but for me this makes one big bowl! I often use brown sugar instead of white - I just like the way brown sugar tastes with oatmeal a little better.

Comments

  1. Mmmm I have been craving oatmeal all day...guess what I am having for snack tonight??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought some oatmeal and it looks like this is how i'll be making it for breakfast tomorrow (or maybe for dinner tonight, it sounds so good).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really sounds like a great way to start the day. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that.You've created a wonderful spot to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I hope the babies are well. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts