Cracked Sugar Cookies!

'Tis the Season for HOLIDAY BAKING!! I've been wanting to bake some cookies this week and Kenneth was asking for sugar cookies, so last night I pulled out an AllRecipes Recipe we have enjoyed before and whipped up this super fast and easy Sugar Cookie recipe! Kenneth likes SOFT sugar cookies, and this one always comes out beautifully. Depending on how sweet you like your cookies you could add another 1/4-1/2 cup of sugar but I like them the way they are with just a touch of sweet. They come out with lightly browned bottoms, gently cracked tops and are so soft!

Find the recipe on AllRecipes here!

Cracked Sugar Cookies I
Makes 1 1/2 - 2 dozen cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup butter
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
  2. Cream together sugar and butter. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
  3. Add flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Stir.
  4. Form dough into walnut size balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Don't flatten. Bake 10 to 11 minutes, until tops are cracked and just turning color.

Comments

  1. I don't think I've ever had a cookie like these. I need to try some!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts