Our Pregnancy: 12 Weeks!

The final week of the first trimester begins today! Yippee! So excited to be so close to entering the "honeymoon trimester"... though not sure how much of a "honeymoon" to expect with TWO?! We shall see! :)

How Jenn and Chad's babies are growing:

The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.
Just two more days until our NT scan and getting a peek at these two cutie pies! Can't wait to see them and see how active they are and learn more about where they're positioned and where their placentas are, etc.! Lots of good details to learn!

Still feeling pretty good - tired, but not exhausted and able to stay up a little later and not nap as often which is nice to feel like I'm somewhat back to "normal" pregnant lady status! Still working on keeping a steady stream of food going into my body and trying to work on gaining some weight. With only about 3 1/2 pounds gained so far and just 8 weeks to go to get to 20 weeks I am pretty sure gaining "20 by 20" is completely out of the question at this point, but hopefully I can at least manage 1 per week. We shall see! It really seems weird to me to for once to TRYING to gain weight and to be eating so many more calories than normal and still be gaining at a slower rate than I have typically even with my singleton pregnancies when I had to watch what I ate and make a point to try to be active to not gain a ton... my body is just somehow burning through the calories still. It's amazing to me to think about how much more must be going on for it to need that much more calorie energy!

I still have my glucose meter from doing blood sugar testing during my last pregnancy in place of the GTT and have checked my levels a couple times and they seem to be holding pretty steady/normal so far which is good. I know with a twin pregnancy I am more susceptible to GD and want to keep an eye on my sugar levels and hope they are staying steady and normal and make sure my body is handling what I'm eating well.

I guess that's the update for today! :) I'm sure I'll be back on Thursday evening after our ultrasound with a check in on how the babies looked. :)

Belly pic from this evening (still looking pretty much the same the past couple weeks!!)

Comments

  1. Good luck at the NT scan! Glad your feeling a little better too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts