Italian BBQ Grilled Pork Chops
I was looking for a new grilling recipe to try out with pork chops and found this one on AllRecipes and am so glad we tried it out! The sauce is VERY unique - a very balsamicy barbecue sauce; I let it simmer a lot longer than originally called for in the recipe and it got super thick and sticky just like a good hearty BBQ sauce should be. I put about 1/3 cup of the sauce on the chops and let them sit in it for about 20 minutes before putting them on the grill. They didn't cook all the way through in the 10 minutes the recipe initially suggested so I finished them off in the oven so they wouldn't dry out. Total cooking time was about 20-25 minutes for me. They were delicious! If you like balsamic vinegar I'm pretty sure you will enjoy this too! Tangy, sweet and delicious! They went great with a side of cheesy garlic bread, caesar salad, and some scalloped potatoes.
Started with all the called for ingredients - balsamic vinegar, ketchup, dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt, brown sugar, Worcestershire, pepper and pork chops.
Started the sauce with the balsamic vinegar.
Next came the ketchup.
Some brown sugar for sweetness.
Followed by some minced garlic!
Then the Worcestershire.
Last but not least the salt...
Stirred that up and set to low to let it simmer for what ended up being about 2 hours total.
Put about 1/3 - 2/3 cup of sauce on the chops and let them marinate while I worked on the scalloped potatoes (which took way longer than planned)!
Finally grill time!
Flipped after about 5 minutes - beautiful!
The super thick and sticky sauce!
Hot off the grill.
Couldn't seem to get a "pretty" picture since hubby was complaining about dying of hunger in the other room - but you get the idea! These were wonderful!
Slightly modified Italian BBQ Pork Chops recipe, original by Sarah on AllRecipes.com
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 (6 ounce) pork chops
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Stir the balsamic vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper together in a saucepan over medium-low heat; cook the sauce at a simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and black pepper. Brush the chops with the sauce from the saucepan. (You can also allow them to marinate in about 1/3 of the sauce for 20-30 minutes prior to cooking, or longer, if desired).
- Cook the pork chops on the preheated grill until the pork is no longer pink in the center, about 5-10 minutes per side depending on thickness. Brush with some of the reserved marinade during grilling. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F. Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 3 minutes before serving with the remaining sauce for dipping on the side.