Your pregnancy: 16 weeks

How your baby's growing:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

How your life's changing:The top of your uterus is about halfway between your pubic bone and your navel, and the round ligaments that support it are thickening and stretching as it grows. You're probably feeling a whole lot better as you settle into pregnancy, too. Less nausea, fewer mood swings, and "glowing" skin contribute to an overall sense of well-being.

Happy 16 weeks!! :D So excited - only one more month 'til our half way point now! So awesome!! I got a text from L this morning which was good - I hadn't heard from her in a few days and was wondering how they were doing and wanted to make sure all was well. They've been traveling and just extra busy lately which is what I'd figured. We're both very much looking forward to our ultrasound in just ONE more week now!! Yay!! A lot of the other girls in my cycling group on SMO have already found on if they're carrying/expecting a boy or a girl and I'm ready to see Pink or Blue next to my name on the list too! :D

I'm exhausted this morning and so glad I am staying home tomorrow. I had thought about going to the doctor yesterday and put it off and am kicking myself. I'm not getting better, not really that much worse but definitely not better. I cough all through the night and just feel miserable. Sudafed is helping keep the worst of the congestion at bay, but my head feels plugged up, my ears are achy and I am light headed today. I think I need to make an appointment for tomorrow afternoon since I'll be home anyway and Kent's graduation stuff should wrap up around lunch time. Grilled hot dogs sound GOOD!! (Easily distracted by the thought of food, can you tell?)!

I was craving cornbread, been craving it for about a week, so I went home and made chili, rice and cornbread for dinner last night. It totally hit the spot! I ate way too much and was totally stuffed, but it was SO good!! There's nothing like a good piece of steaming hot, fresh, honey soaked cornbread... mmmm!! I still have more than half a pint of buttermilk to use up in the next week, so I'll have to think of something else to use it in between now and then.

I guess that's it for another week! It's flying by and going really well so far! I'm more and more excited with each passing Thursday and each new week we enter into the pregnancy! I'm going to have to try to take an updated belly picture tonight - I feel like I've popped out a lot in the last couple weeks!

Baby is pushing again in the same spot s/he seems to like to hang out lately - low on the right and I have a vivid memory of Fiona hanging out in that same spot and causing me uncomfortable pains! So far it doesn't hurt much or very often, but I wonder if I will notice it more as baby gets bigger. I am just excited everytime I feel something that is definitely baby moving around in there and can't wait for the next couple weeks to go by and get to where I'm feeling more movement more often! Yay! :)

Comments

  1. Wow - so exciting for everyone! I'm loving the baby widget! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts