Game Plan

After my less than thrilling ultrasound on Monday (my lining was only a 4mm), the IVF nurse called yesterday and we did the "run-down" on what's next.

Dr. Kaplan was NOT happy with my lining (obviously), my lab draw confirmed ovulation on Sunday (my progesterone is rising). It's so thin she doesn't want to do the EFT this month. Instead, she wants to move forward and do a modified natural cycle with suppression (lupron) and some delestrogen and possibly something else, I didn't catch all the meds she was throwing at me as possibilities since I'd never heard of them before. I start 10 units of lupron on Friday, when I get my period I’ll go in for a baseline and get a calendar at that point. If my lining is good enough after being on estrogen for about 2 weeks, we'll transfer, if not we'll do the EFT early November.

Since they want me on B-12 and iron, they ordered me these cool iron/prenatal combo pills (yeah, 1 less pill to take - I've been taking 5 every night!!) and I pick up 3 intramuscular B-12 injections to be done once a month for 3 months.

I had my STD blood work drawn yesterday (they need it within 6 months of transfer, and mine were all drawn last December I think), and Kenneth should be getting his drawn today.

They're waiving the need for all of us to come in to the clinic to meet for a counseling appointment, and the MMPI for me, but need a copy of my consultation from last time. I'm hoping my agency coordinator will send that to them for me, I e-mailed her today.

Gail (my IVF nurse) also made me an appointment at GRS to have my Gonorrhea and Chlamydia swabs done, along with an updated PAP and my mock transfer on October 13th. (I love this nurse; she's AWESOME, very thorough, and spent a lot of time with me on the phone going over all this stuff)!

So, we're getting there... I've been in such a HORRIBLE mood at home lately; I am angry that my body is so messed up. The only explanation that seems feasible to me is all the medications I've taken. I know it SHOULDN'T have caused these types of issues (with my incredibly thin lining), but I've never had this problem before (not that I've had ultrasounds before, but I've always had clockwork like cycles and pretty heavy periods which to me indicates my lining has been thicker than this). I knew when I went in it was probably going to be thin, because the last two periods I've had have been pretty much only spotting. I have no clue why or really what is going on with me, but Kenneth has been my rock and he keeps telling me its all going to be ok, and that the body is amazing and will heal itself in time... I really do think he's right, I KNOW it's all going to be ok, and I think given enough time maybe my body will bounce back and be ok. I trust Dr. Kaplan completely, and think she's going to be very careful about what she gives me and that she won't just give me more and more and more estrogen like I've had before... I'm really hopeful, nervous, excited, and scared...

At the core of my upset is all my IPs have been through, I want SO much for this to work, for them to have another little one on the way. They’ve been so incredibly patient, another happy healthy pregnancy is the least they deserve, and I just want to help get them to that point…

Comments

Popular Posts