Baked Lemon Garlic Salmon #LemonWeek


Welcome to day 2 of #LemonWeek 2021 hosted by Lynn from Fresh April Flours!  What better way to welcome summer than with over 50 recipes featuring bright and sunny lemons? Come join me and my fellow Lemon Week bloggers as we bring you recipes from appetizers to drinks to entrées and desserts!

Tuesday #LemonWeek Recipes



I am super excited to be sharing four new lemony recipes with you this week - I love cooking and baking with lemon. It's one of my very favorite flavors - it adds such a punch and brightens up any dish. Lemon poppy seed has LONG been a favorite quick bread of mine, and homemade vinaigrettes with lemon are always a go-to. Lemon juice finds it's way into many, many sauces and dishes that grace my kitchen and I can't wait to get some new ideas courtesy of all the lovely bloggers joining in this week to highlight the lemon! Yesterday I shared some lemony chicken thighs, and today it's all about the salmon!


This is a basic variation of a recipe you've probably made or seen many times before - I realize I'm not reinventing the wheel here. But why reinvent the wheel when this is a beautiful classic combination for a reason?? This salmon pairs WONDERFULLY with the Greek Salad I'll be sharing at the end of the week. And it goes into pasta fabulously. I actually used this salmon in a variation of this pasta dish. Cook up some pasta (I used spaghetti), make a light lemony, creamy sauce, and mix in the cooked pasta, chunked cooked salmon, and I stirred in a large handful of fresh spinach and dinner was done. Yumm! There are a million and one ways to serve and enjoy this salmon. It needs nothing more than a serving of fresh steamed veggies, or a crisp salad if you're keeping it light. Some creamy rice or baked potatoes would also be terrific!


Baked Lemon Garlic Salmon

Ingredients
1 lb salmon fillet
1/4 tsp salt
Zest of 1 large lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
1 heaping TBS minced garlic (jarred)
1 tsp dry oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 lemon slices, optional

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Place the salmon in a 2-quart baking dish. Whisk all remaining ingredients together and pour over the salmon fillets. If you have additional fresh lemon slices, place 2 slices atop each salmon fillet.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven 15-20 minutes (depending on fillet thickness), until fish flakes easily and salmon is baked all the way through. 
Recipe adapted from The Mediterranean Dish

Comments

Popular Posts