#BundtBakers ~ Apple and Cream Bundt Cake


#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient. This month our host is Cristina from Bizcocheando and our theme is "Filled Bundt Cakes".


You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about #BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.

This cake was really delicious - but I did have an issue with sticking once again. I can't blame the cake recipe because I subbed out sour cream (with an extra egg) for the cream cheese when I realized I'd made the cardinal sin of not having a key ingredient while I was already in the midst of combining ingredients (on a work night when I really don't have time to run back out!) So I did the best I could with what I had, and the filling was quite a bit thinner and so I think it "moved" a lot more than the cream cheese would have, and a fair amount of it came to the top and I believe was the cause of my sticking woes. I will be trying this again using the proper ingredient list (which is what I've posted below) to see if that resolves the issue of the moving filling.

Even as I made it though, you can see some of it behaved very nicely and stayed where it should! The texture is very quick bread like - so it's a creamy apple bread in my opinion. I think this would bake up really nicely in a loaf pan, and may very well try that next! In any event, it was a delicious, if messy cake, and it will be devoured quickly in this house for sure. I look forward to trying again soon!

Don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have baked this month:
Apple and Cream Bundt Cake adapted from Tomato Hero

Ingredients
Cream Cheese Filling
1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Apple Cake Batter
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups grated apple (3 medium apples)

Directions
  1. Prepare the filling by creaming the softened butter and cream cheese together along with the sugar until smooth. Add in the egg, flour, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
  3. In a large bowl, combine the flour through allspice for the cake better. Blend dry ingredients. Add in the eggs, vegetable oil, and applesauce and blend lightly. Stir in the grated apples and vanilla extract just until batter is combined. 
  4. Spread about 2/3 of the batter evenly over the bottom of the pan. Layer a ring of the cream cheese mixture atop the batter, leaving an edge on both sides of it, so that it's not touching the pan. Distribute remaining batter atop the filling.
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes in the pan before inverting onto a cooling rack and allowing to complete cooling.



Comments

  1. Yummy!!! Apple cakes are always perfect!! I love it!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creamy apple bread in bundt form works for me - it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts