This is a SUPER easy and delicious holiday treat! My son loves this one and we've been making it at Christmas time the past couple years, and I imagine we will continue making it in the coming years! It is delightfully creamy with a delicious pepperminty taste. We like to put the peppermint candies in a ziploc bag wrapped in a hand towel and break the peppermints up with a meat mallet - it seems to work pretty well without making too much of a mess. We used a 12-oz bag of white chocolate chips and about 30 round peppermint candies. You can use more / less peppermint candy to taste - and make the pieces as big or small as you want. A little on the smaller side is best, in my opinion, so you don't end up with big pieces stuck in your teeth! I like the way the finer pieces blend into the white chocolate and infuse it with the peppermint flavor as well.
Morgan's Amazing Peppermint Bark by Foodlover on AllRecipes
1 (6 ounce) package white chocolate, chopped
3 peppermint candy canes
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Place one gallon-sized resealable bag inside a second gallon-sized bag, creating a double-layered bag. Place candy canes inside the inner bag and seal. Crush the candy canes inside bag with a rolling pin.
- Place white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in the microwave until melted, 60 to 90 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Stir crushed candy canes into melted white chocolate.
- Pour white chocolate mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Chill in refrigerator until hardened, 1 hour.