Speed Bumps and Thank Yous!

It's been a tough couple days for all of us, working through some of the details we want put in the contract!! We agree on everything except lost wages, but I think we've found a good solution that will put everyone at ease, and protect both of our families and hope to get the details today and then get the wording in the contract updated so we can get a draft to review...

I've been stressed out by it, even though I know in my heart of hearts we WILL find a solution because this is too good of a match to just walk away from... It's still difficult to want so much to make everyone happy, and to want to just say "ok, let's do it that way" but to be careful to protect yourself and your family too in a worst case scenario... Kenneth is always my voice of reason, and he is looking out for my health and our family's safety, and I think John is the same for his family. We've gone back and forth the last couple days, and the one thing I know has come from this is we CAN talk through things when they get tough, or difficult, or uncomfortable. Finances is one of the HARDEST things to talk about in surrogacy, because you don't want it to be a business deal, but being honest the contract part is the business part of the agreement and you do have to deal with the details - even if they make me squirm a little! I am just thankful for how open Vicki has been with me about her feelings, and John's feelings and I have felt TOTALLY comfortable expressing myself, my concerns, my thoughts and we're working through it!

I wouldn't wish "speed bumps" on anyone, but at the same time with how smooth things have been up to this point, I don't think it's all bad to have some conflict. It helps show you what you're made of, what your relationship is made of and we'll come out stronger on the other side.

Onto the Thank You part - Vicki is incredibly sweet and sent me the BEST HUGEST Edible Arrangement bouquet yesterday... oh my GOSH!! I love their products, I use them all the time for gifts. It was this beautiful white basket just STUFFED with strawberries, grapes, pineapple flowers with cantaloupe, and chocolate dipped strawberries... I got LOTS of people walking by my office with jealous looks!! :D I munched on it all the way home, and had some for dessert too, and there's still a ton left for today. Kent was enthralled when he got in the car and saw it, and of course I shared!

I love gifts like that - and of course the gift tag message was incredibly sweet and made me all teary... I am so blessed, and very thankful to have them in my life and just can't wait to get through contracts and have everyone happy with what goes in them, and move forward together!

Comments

Popular Posts